For Legal/Criminal Justice
Drug and alcohol testing is a necessity for professionals involved in legal representation, investigation, law enforcement and other areas of criminal justice.
Why? Just take a look at the statistics:
- In 2004, 17% of state prisoners and 18% of federal inmates said they committed their current offense to obtain money for drugs.
- In a 2004 survey of inmates in State and Federal Correctional Facilities, 32% of state prisoners and 26% of federal prisoners said they had committed their current offense while under the influence of drugs.
- Among state prisoners, drug offenders (44%) and property offenders (39%) reported the highest incidence of drug use at the time of offense. Among federal prisoners, drug offenders (32%) and violent offenders (24%) were the most likely to report drug use at the time of their crimes.1
- Over 1.46 million drivers were arrested in 2006 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. This is an arrest rate of 1 for every 139 licensed drivers in the United States.2
ExperTox recognizes that drug and alcohol-related cases require detailed chain-of-custody and specimen handling by a proven and accredited forensic expert.
Law enforcement, criminal justice and legal professionals have found their single source forensic toxicology solution in ExperTox. Why?
- Dedication to detail and quality
- Recognized experience in forensic toxicology and expert witness testimony
- Dependable drug and alcohol testing services, including testing and retesting of evidence
- Fast test results
- Ability to test a wide array of alternative specimens for different detection periods
Toxicology for legal professionals is not just about drugs, alcohol and crime. Personal injury, malpractice and criminal attorneys, as well as private investigators and medical examiners, trust ExperTox to help them with other toxicology testing needs, such as:
- Drug, poison or toxin testing
- Worker’s compensation claims and actions
- Post-accident investigations
- Suspected poisoning situations
- Environmental exposure claims
- Expert witness testimony
If you want a tight case, you have to be able to trust a dependable and experienced forensic toxicology laboratory. That is where ExperTox® comes in - contact us now for immediate assistance, 1-877-973-7869 (XPE-RTOX) or email@example.com.